Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Barn Stars

Okay so you remember these? YAY! They're ready for show and tell!

Tada! I'm so excited for them. The yellow just wasn't doing it for me, not to mention the fact that I'm decorating in Red, White (cream actually) and BLUE.
I love them :) At first, when I was distressing this one:
...I was not pleased with how it was looking. My sandpaper was leaving scratch marks all over the place, and some of the old yellow ended up poking through. So I distressed all of it that I wanted done, then I sprayed another very light coat of blue paint over top. It fixed the scratch marks AND the yellow. Plus I just think it looks cool!

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with the transformation. And I can't believe how neat those stars are with the grooves in them - I've never seen any like that before. Now I want to see them hanging! They turned out very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! Now I need to get mine finished and put to use. :) I love our finds.

    ReplyDelete