Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Long Time, No Post; Daily Blogging Challenge

I could claim that life just got too busy for me to keep up with my blog. But really, I guess I just got bored. We'll have to play catch-up later because I SHOULD be busy right now rather than blogging. 
A friend of mine just started a blogging challenge for the month of May and encouraged all of her readers who are moms or moms-to-be to join the challenge. The purpose is to have a record of some info about mom for kids to read later. So that's what brings me here after nearly THREE years of my absence. 

DAILY BLOGGING CHALLENGE - DAY 1 

List 10 Random Facts About You

  1. I spend entirely too much time on the computer. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm a Facebook stalker (Ok, not the scary kind. I'm not stealing your pictures or trying to find your house or gross, creepy stuff like that) and I play dumb games. Except Bingo, because Bingo is pretty freakin' awesome mmm-kay?
  2. I'm loving my Paparazzi business that I share with my sister. In fact, a good portion of my computer time is spent on Paparazzi-related stuff. New ideas for parties, displays, flyers etc. It's become an addiction but at least I'm making money from it :)
  3. I hate shoes, especially shoe shopping. What girl doesn't like shoes, you ask?! That would be me. Hate 'em. Give me flip flops in every color to match my wardrobe and I'm happy. They're cheaper than shoes, anyway. And if you know me, you know I'm frugal. Cheap. A tight wad. 
  4. I love PIZZA! I could eat pizza 6 times a week. Oooohhh, and Fettuccine Alfredo! Especially home-made. Switch my meals up between the two, throw in chocolate as an appetizer AND dessert and I'm happy. 
  5. My kids have become my life. Hadley (5), Zoey (2.5) and Rylee (7 months) are my world. My life revolves around my 3 girls and I love being a stay-at-home mom. Sure, I complain about them and roll my eyes sometimes when I hear "Mooooooooooooommmmm! Zoey hit me!" 500 times a day. Or find hair that Haddie has cut, be it her own, Zoey's, the dog's or a Barbie's. Yup, that makes me super happy. I adore my girls though
  6. As tough as it is to admit this....I am overly-dramatic. I can turn something simple into a huge what-to-do. Don't tell hubby I admitted to this! I won't hear the end of it.
  7. I love to craft. I don't really stick with one type of craft for very long - I tend to hop around. Which is why my craft table looks the way it does. I suppose I'll have to clear it off soon to be able to sew a fun project I'm working on. I'll have to blog about that later! My current favorite is wood crafts.
  8. I have monkey toes. It amuses my sister. I can take my socks off using only the first 2 toes on each foot and then fold them inside each other as you would when mating clean socks. I pick a lot of things off the floor with my toes as well so I don't have to bend down. 
  9. I am LDS. I want to teach my children to love the Gospel but I struggle. I have a potty mouth and I don't take my family to church as I should. I don't practice what I preach but I DO have faith and a Testimony.
  10. When telling a story, it takes me F-O-R-E-V-E-R. I have a hard time just summarizing. I seem to drag it out and include every mundane detail. Drives my loved ones nuts, this I know. But they humor me and listen patiently. Sometimes.

So there's today's blogging challenge. Feel free to join if you'd like!
Here's the list:
1. List 10 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
4. List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 5 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 5 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 weaknesses and strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 2 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your posterity?
30. Who were your childhood best friends?
31. List 5 things you would hope to be remembered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment