Thursday, May 2, 2013

Daily Blogging Challenge Day 2

Describe 3 legitimate fears and how they became fears.


  1. Fish. I am terrified of fish! Dead, alive, it doesn't matter. I'm not exactly sure where my fear came from. I used to love fishing with my dad when I was little. I can't stand to look at them, smell them, walk past them at the grocery store. Touching them is OUT of the question. I've been this way since I was at least 12, perhaps longer. The only kind of fish allowed in my house is tuna or fish sticks. I won't eat it and I won't ever make it for my kids. Drives hubby crazy but he is good about keeping it away from me. 
  2. Bugs. Insects. Snakes. Creepy-crawly nasties. Especially roaches! I am super scared of them. I will kill a spider if I absolutely have to, but not if it's bigger than a nickel. I'll go wake the neighbor before I'll kill a big one myself. 
  3. Death. It's not a fear in the way some would think. I'm not afraid of what happens after death. I'm just afraid of a horrific, painful death. Suffocation or drowning are the 2 things that frighten me the most. I freak out if I can't breathe effortlessly. I've had the same nightmare over and over since I was young. I don't ever remember what happened in the nightmare except that it's the same one. I can't breathe and it's related to something smooth and oblong cutting off my air supply. (Think of a GIANT medicine capsule...sorta). I wake up feeling like I'm suffocating and have to yank the sheets off of myself. 
Here's the list for the daily blogging challenge:
1. List 10 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
4. List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 5 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 5 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 weaknesses and strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 2 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your posterity?
30. Who were your childhood best friends?
31. List 5 things you would hope to be remembered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment